Katie Austin Fitness Q&A
E!: Why is the Katie Austin app a download for people of all fitness levels?
KA: This app offers workout plans customized to your fitness level, goals and preferences. This allows you to get the most out of your workout and progress at a pace that works for you. The app offers a wide range of over 230 on-demand workouts. This means you can mix up your routines and try new things to keep your workouts fresh and challenging.
With the app, you can exercise anytime, anywhere. You can work out live with me every week, or you can download workouts in advance and work out offline.
E!: Did you change anything in your routine to prepare? sports illustrated Swimsuit shoot?
One of the things I love most about SI Swimsuits is that they encourage you to be your most authentic self and show it off. So when preparing for the SI shoot, I focused on what was already important to me, rather than overhauling my entire lifestyle. I ate a balanced diet, exercised, and prioritized my mental health and lifestyle!
When it came to dieting, I wanted to focus on my habits rather than cutting out the “bad food” cold turkey, so I didn’t want to restrict myself from indulging in food or regular eating. I decided to impose on myself. This helped my body digest dinner before bed, helping me get a better night’s rest and waking up more refreshed.
yes! Do you have any advice for people who want to get into fitness but are afraid to start?
KA: Starting a fitness journey can be very intimidating, especially if you’re just starting out or haven’t exercised in a while. Here are some helpful tips:
- Start small and work your way up. All athletes start somewhere. You don’t have to jump into an intense training routine from day one.
- Find an activity that you enjoy. People who don’t like running can’t keep running programs for long. Instead, try different types of exercise until you find one that you enjoy.
- Set realistic goals. Don’t expect to lose 20 pounds in a week or run a marathon in a month. Set small, achievable goals that you can work on over time. For example, aim to walk for 30 minutes a day or do 10 push-ups without stopping. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small.
- get support from othersMaking a workout buddy or joining a fitness class or group can help. Having someone to exercise with creates motivation, accountability, and a sense of community. You can also seek help through online forums, social media groups, and fitness apps (such as the Katie Austin app).
- Remember that progress takes time. Fitness is a journey, not a destination. It takes time and consistent effort to see results. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see an immediate change.
- be kind to yourself. Remember that no one is perfect and everyone has setbacks and struggles. Don’t beat yourself up by missing your workout or eating a snack.
- stick to a schedule or program: Let’s get rid of the mental burden! Sticking to a routine and carving out a designated time to work out makes it very easy to maintain! With the Katie Austin app you can follow a weekly workout schedule or create your own You can also schedule outs flexibly.
E!: What’s your favorite piece of advice you’d like to share for feeling your best?
KA: I’m not obligated to explain to anyone about doing what is right for me. When you’re feeling your best, take note of who is around you and where they are. Last but not least, move your body for your mental health!